1966 Ford Mustang GT
*** THIS CAR IS PHYSICALLY LOCATESD IN SOUTHERN CA ***
This is an original California Black Plate car: Genuine, factory original 1966 Mustang GT A-code 289ci V8- 225hp coupe with the original door tag! Meticulously restored to original, this car is finished in Ivy Green Metallic complemented by her Black Crinkle Vinyl and Black Rosette Vinyl, Standard Interior. According to In Search of Mustangs (the definitive registry of vintage Mustangs), of the approximately 65,000 surviving Mustangs listed in the registry, this car is one of just 1081 surviving 289 A-code coupes that are recorded in the registry. Based on consensus estimates of 15% GT production, this car is one of just 162 surviving factory-produced 1966 GT coupes.
It comes finished in code correct fresh Ivy Green Metallic paint job by California West Coast Paint and Body Shop in Los Angeles, CA in December 2016. Great pains were taken to bring this car back to its original state with the help of Paul Crosswhite, the Mustang M.D in Castaic, CA (some know him as the Mustang Ranch... Our source of ORIGINAL parts for this restoration).
This restoration is centered around a like-new drive train:
1. Professionally-rebuilt date-correct 289 V8 and C4 automatic transmission by Automobile Racing Sports Cars, Ohio.
2. Engine fully disassembled and magna fluxed
3. New bearings
4. New pistons, cylinders honed .020 over
5. New camshaft
6. New water pump, fuel pump, and timing chain.
7. Cylinder heads reconditioned
8. Hardened valve seats (for use with modern fuels)
9. Valve job
10. Reconditioned original rocker arms and springs, exhaust manifolds, and starter
This specimen is a TRUE factory GT, as evidenced by:
1. Factory fog lights that also control rear tail lights
2. Oversized master brake cylinder
3. Front disc brakes with Kelsey Hayes 4-piston calipers
4. Original Kelsey Hayes proportioning valve
5. A-code engine
6. Tight-ratio 16:1 power steering box
7. Oversized 13/16" front sway bar
8. Reinforcement plates for exhaust hangers under rear seat
9. Rear brake hose hanger in correct location on undercarriage
10. Dual exhaust with chrome trumpet tips
11. Reinforcement bars inside rear frame rails for exhaust pipe hangers
12. 5-gauge instrument bezel
13. Constant-power relay for fog lights mounted on brake pedal support brace
14. GT emblems on front fenders in place of running horses
15. Pin stripes running the length of the car, with "M U S T A N G" pin letters
16. GT logo gas cap
17. Rocker panel and quarter panel moldings not present
18. Special rear valence for exhaust tip exit
The engine compartment was stripped to bare metal and given it a fresh coat of paint. Likewise for a number of other parts under the hood - brackets, braces, the original steering box, ETC.
ENGINE and DRIVETRAIN:
- Freshly rebuilt 289 4v V8 225HP A code engine with less than 1000 miles.
- Edlebrock carb with electric choke.
- Freshly rebuilt C4 Automatic transmission, also with less than 1000 miles on it.
- New reproduction correct suspension and springs from CJ
- Original, restored Power Steering Pump and Control valve from Chockostang in Illinois.
- New Power steering slave cylinder and hoses
- New Speedo Cable
- New Transmission cooling lines
- Original driveshaft stripped to bare metal and given a fresh coat of black paint.
- The original Master brake cylinder was restored and used with new brake lines.
- New rear brake cylinders.
- The original Steering box was restored
- The original brake proportioning valve was reconditioned
- Original windshield wiper pump is present as well as the original wiper fluid bag.
- Pertronix electronic ignition, FlameThrower coil, new plugs and cables.
- New battery and tray.
- New solenoid.
- New voltage regulator.
- New engine compartment wiring harness
- Freshly painted original Ivy Green Metallic color
- New reproduction styled steel wheels from Kentucky Mustangs
- Original, restored front grill
- Original, working fog lights with patina and Fomoco logo on the backing
- New correct reproduction front valance turn signals
- New, correct reproduction front bumper.
- Original 289 emblem badges
- Reproduction, correct GT badges
- Original MUSTANG and FORD lettering was used
- Correct GT stripe decals professionally installed in the proper location
- New correct reproduction rear bumper
- Original tail light bezel and lens
- Original door handles, slight pitting, but far superior to reproductions
- Working lock cylinders with one key for both doors, one original pony key for the trunk, and one key for the ignition.
- New correct reproduction side mirror
- Original antenna.
- New reverse lights from CJ
- New reproduction GT gas cap
- Most sheet metal panels and other components show date correct stampings for build date of January 13, 1966
- Original, working instrument bezel and gauges
- Original and restored Center Console - for automatic transmission without AC.
- Original and restored steering wheel
- Original steering wheel horn ring
- Original switches/bezels, fog lights, headlights, cigar lighter, heater controls, ignition bezel
- Original glove box door
- New glove box interior, box, cables
- New, reproduction dash pad
- Original dash pad vent
- Dash was stripped to bare metal and repainted black
- Steering column stripped to bare metal and repainted
- Interior quarter panels stripped to bare metal and painted
- New retro style radio with AM/FM and connectors for external audio source
- New in dash dual voice speaker
- New carpet
- New front bucket seats upholstery and foam
- Original rear upholstery retained and in great shape (the new rear available upholstery if requested)
- New reproduction seat belts
- Original window handles and door handles
- Original, restored heater box and motor, new plenum and cables.
- New door panels
- New tinted front windshield and seal
- Original tinted glass all around
- New reproduction sill plates
- NOS (New Original Stock) emergency flasher
This is a turn-key restoration that is ready for daily driving, weekend cruising, or local shows so if a 1966 Mustang GT is a car that you are considering, try this one on for size! Do not let the opportunity to own this car pass you by. We have priced this vehicle to provide you the best deal on a car of this caliber. If you need any assistance with financing please let me know.
If you want to know the RESERVE on the car - CALL ME - (978) 771-8375
If you would like to talk about a purchase - CALL ME (978) 771-8375
My name is Paul please call me direct with any questions - my cell phone is always with me at (978) 771-8375 or you can email me anytime at email@example.com I promise you will enjoy your experience at Silverstone Motorcars. We'll gladly arrange to deliver this vehicle to your doorstep.
* FINANCING AVAILABLE - APPLY TODAY
* THIS CAR IS LOCATED IN SOUTHERN CA
- Engine Type
- Engine Size
- 289 V8
- Fuel Specification
- 92/93 Octane
- Body Color
- Ivy Green Metallic
- Body Style
- Paint Type
- Interior Color
- Secondary Interior Color
- Seating Type
- Seat Material
- Shifter Type
- Center Console
- Engine Size
- 289 V8
- Transmission Type
- 3 Speed Automatic
- Body Style